- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
Purdey Side by Side Shotgun (Gift from King Edward VII to the Shah) - 12 ga.
This shotgun was a gift from King Edward VII to the Shah of Persia, in the tradition of royal presentations of the finest arms. The case is marked "From the Royal Family to H. M. Shah Nasru-ed-din of Persia", and may be from a later period than the gun itself. The engraving is attributed to Messer. Barre', one of the most celebrated engravers of the late 19th Century, and former engraver for the French mint.