- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
- Steampunk Guns
A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
1800-1860. American Kentucky Rifles and Plains Rifles, US military and civilian arms through the mid-19th century, and historic firearms innovations such as Colt's Paterson and Walker revolvers.
Significant Firearms in Gallery 5:
An age of industry sees the beginning of interchangable parts. The beginnings of Colt, Smith and Wesson and more.
The Plains Rifle
As American expansion moves into the great plains and Rockies, the guns of choice change.