- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
Holland & Holland Double Rifle - .700 Nitro Express cal.
This firearm is on exhibit at the NRA National Sporting Arms Museum in Springfield, MO.
Holland & Holland built the first .700 Nitro Express rifles and this Philippe Grifnee engraved .700 double rifle, featuring deeply carved African scenes incorporating elephants as the primary subject, can fire a 1000-grain projectile that can generate as much as 15,000 ft-lbs of energy.